My Boys

My Boys

Monday, July 28, 2014

Good day gone bad

Don't you hate when you go out and have a blast, then next thing you know your at the ER... haha well yes that happened Saturday evening. Took the kids swimming and had a blast. As we were leaving the locker room after getting dressed my poor Elijah opened the big steel doors they have there right into his foot. He panicked for a minute and I had no clue what was going on until I looked at his foot that was bleeding all over the place. He didn't cry he just was in shock saying "mom I need to go to the Dr.!" After the first aid crew at the swimming pool cleaned him up a little I looked at it more closely and noticed how deep it was and that he would for sure need stitches.

We headed over to the ER and he was a little trooper the whole time. He never cried and he just kept saying the Dr needs to fix his foot.

                                                         


                                                        Ouch!

 
Waiting for his foot to get numb, watching cartoons.


6 Stitches later! He sat there and watched the Dr put them in. He was so interested in what the Dr was doing. He also doesn't want mom or dad touching his foot he only wants the Dr too. It took some convincing for him to let me change his bandages.


He is all smiles now that his foot is fixed! Stitches have to be in for 10 days. He is bummed out already that he cant play with any water and he has to be really careful and not play hard. Noah is being really great with the whole thing. Once I showed him the stitches he has been very careful around him. He is such a brave strong little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment