My Boys

My Boys

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Isaiah's Birth Story

Where to begin. I am so happy and in love with this little guy hes brought new joy to my life the same way his brothers did when they were born.
It started at 7:30 in the morning me and James drove down to the hospital to check in for my c-section. They gave me my iv asked a million questions looked at his heart beat she kept telling me that he was looking really good. I started getting nervous the closer it came to doing the c-section I already new how the process worked but you cant help but get scared. We went to the room and they gave me my spinal which actually hurt this time I think it was because they had me lay down sideways to do it and last time I was sitting strait up and felt nothing. After that they put my catheter in and waited for me to get numb. I started getting light headed and I kept zoning in and out James said he would ask if I was ok and I wouldn't even respond to him I would just look at the ceiling. I felt so weird and out of it this time around.
           It didn't take them long at all to get him out. before I new it I was feeling that heavy pressure as he was taking him out. Then I heard his cry they brought him out so I could see him and I saw how much he looked like his brothers "mostly Noah" and I lost it I started bawling I was so over whelmed with love for him it was hard to stop.
           They cleaned him off and did all the checks. Isaiah Anthony Montoya born 9:10 am 6lbs 13ounce  18 1/2 inches. He was a little guy. Turned out I only gained 4 lbs this whole pregnancy don't know how that happened but he came out healthy.
           I am breast feeding this time around and its been a little hard. His first day he would wake up to feed it would take the nurses and I hrs. to wake him up and when he would finally he would latch on and go at it for maybe 5 minutes and fall back asleep. He would do that all day he only ate twice the whole day. At night he finally had a good feeding that was 15 minutes so we were all happy about that. He is a big time sleeper he wouldn't wake up for anything.
          The next day he was a little more awake he would wake up and stay that way for an hr or two and I would feed him. As it got night time he started getting frustrated with eating he didn't want to latch on at all and he would sit there and cry and arch so I thought he was gassy so I burped him and nothing so we had to try a little formula because he wouldn't eat and it was going on 7-8 hrs of him not eating. I have been trying different positions of feeding him and he doesn't seem to want to do it Iam not giving up I really want to breast feed Im sure he will eventually get it but I get worried that hes not eating well and I know hes hungry so I cave and give him some formula not out of the bottle but through a small tube so he will get something but not suck on a bottle. I will keep working at it.
           The first day he was born we were deciding if we should have the boys come down to the hospital we didn't know how they were going to react. As soon as they got here they acted very shy they didn't really know what to make of everything they saw mom laying in a bed and holding a baby and they just kept looking at me and the baby like what is going on? They came and sat on the bed with me and they just looked at the baby. Noah held him and just looked at him Elijah didn't want the baby on him though he tried to push him away as long as he was not touching him he was fine and just looked.
            I am sure they were being good just because they were in a different place not at home so we will see what happens when we bring him home. The recovery this time around is a little harder it took them several different things to get my pain under control but its finally getting better. I will be at the hospital tell Monday and depending on how he eats and my pain they will determine if I should he here tell Tuesday. I am enjoying my time with him alone though its really good bonding time. I have alot of pics to upload for this post but I will do it separate. Hes sleeping so I need to go to sleep I have not gotten much sleep yet. Hes finally here and healthy I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment